In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, IBPF is holding a blog/vlog contest for the opportunity to have your work published in addition to our normally scheduled content. The top submissions will be published and others may be considered for publication in subsequent months. If video is a preferred mode of expression for you, we would invite you to consider submitting a video blog (vlog).
- Changing the conversation
- Mental Health Awareness
- Managing the stress of traveling and major life events
- Changing the conversation: Why do the words we use matter when communicating about mental health? How can we leverage the power of language to shift public perception of mental health?
- How have you successfully managed the stress of the season's life events such as graduations and weddings?
- How do you show a different side of yourself on social media and why?
- Have you successfully managed significant life events such as marriage, kids, getting a diagnosis, new job or starting university? What has worked for you?
- How has treatment helped you?
- How has self-stigma impacted you?
- What prompted you to talk to people or to share about your mental illness?
- How do you feel about celebrities opening up about their mental illness?
- Have you encountered challenges staying well when traveling for work or vacation and how did you overcome them? Can you share your tips for dealing with travel stresses such as jetlag or uncertain schedules?
Difficulty uploading? Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must be received by May 15th. Only submissions created according to our content guidelines will be accepted. See blogging guidelines here.
Looking forward to your insights and stories!
Upon receipt of your submission to IBPF you are granting IBPF permission to use your video content on the International Bipolar Foundation Website, Facebook, Twitter, e-newsletter and/or additional social media pages, etc. All submissions are on a volunteer basis; IBPF does not offer compensation for participants or winners.