International Bipolar Foundation is here to provide information for you to learn more about living with bipolar disorder. Education is a key part of managing bipolar disorder, so congratulate yourself for taking steps to learn more and being proactive about your health. Visit our learn page for an outline of the symptoms, course, and causes of bipolar disorder. Check out the following links to learn more:
Our Healthy Living book is an overview of all aspects of healthy living with bipolar disorder, including medication, nutrition, relationships, travel, aging, spirituality, and more. This is especially helpful for those who are newly diagnosed and looking for a "user manual." You can also share the book with your loved ones to help them understand what you are going through and how they can help. Translations and country specific chapters are also available. Click here to request a free PDF.
Webinars are online presentations that are about an hour long. We have a live webinar almost every week with experts on different areas of bipolar disorder. Each webinar is recorded and posted to our website. The webinars go in depth on specific topics and are designed to help you learn more about different treatment options, developing research trends, or everyday tips to manage your symptoms. Here are some examples of the types of topics covered:
- Ways to manage bipolar at home like SNAP (Sleep, Nutrition, Activity, People), Online Tools, and Meditation.
- New treatment options such as Nutrient Therapy, DBT, Mindfulness, and Therapy Animals.
- Bipolar disorder throughout different aspects of your life such as College, Relationships, Pregnancy, and Reasonable Accomodations at Work.
- Personal stories of people who successfully live with bipolar disorder and share what has worked for them, like Hakeem Rahim or Gabe Howard.
We have about 40 active bloggers who write monthly posts on different topics related to bipolar disorder, such as therapy, relationships, family, pregnancy, and exercise. View all of the blogs here, where you will see a list of different topics on the side of the page. People like to read the blogs for hope and inspiration. By reading the blogs you can see that you are not alone and learn things that have helped other people in similar situations.
We have a series of youtube videos where experts in the field answer common questions about bipolar disorder. Some are from a medical perspective and others are from people who have lived experience with bipolar disorder. Here are some examples:
- How do I help my significant other understand bipolar disorder?
- How is bipolar studied since it so different for each person?
- What are some coping strategies for bipolar disorder?
See all of the videos here.
Girl scouts earn our Mental Health Awareness patch by completing activities to learn about the brain and its influence on thoughts, feelings, and behavior. Learn more and request more information here.
We have a database of resources such as support groups, treatment centers, psychiatrists, and therapists. View our resource page or email us at email@example.com for help finding a referral. US consumers can also use this treatment locator.
If you have questions or need additional help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org