Welcome to the International Bipolar Foundation community! We’re so happy you’re interested in sharing your story with us.
Prior to submitting an application, review our blogging manual here. Once reviewed, please fill out the blogging agreement included in the manual and submit with the brief application below. For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our bloggers are volunteers and contribute blogs pro bono.
June Writing Prompts
- Did coming out positively or negatively affect your mental health?
- How has your community or partner supported your mental health?
- How has your mental health improved since coming out?
- What hope would you offer to individuals who have not yet come out?
- Think of time when you or a male friend faced a mental health issue. Why was it difficult for him (or you) to ask for help? How did you address these challenges and find support?
- What advice would you give for other men facing mental health struggles? What tips would you encourage them to follow?
- How can other people support men who are struggling?
- Share a story of a time that you felt that your mental health was challenged (or your male partner, friend, or father)
- What message would you share with men who are struggling?
- What factors or triggers may affect your mental health? (For example, do you struggle with work, dating, money or other responsibilities? Let us know your lived experiences!)
- Do you find a certain type of social connection to be especially beneficial for your mental health? Do you prefer to talk with other guy friends, female friends, romantic partners, or family members when opening up about mental health?
- Do you feel your moods change during the summer?
- How do you manage mood changes during changing seasons?
- Do you enter into mania during the summer season? How do you cope?
- How does summer positively affect your mental health in the summer? What do you look forward to in the summer?