“Welcome to the International Bipolar Foundation community! We’re so happy you’re interested in sharing your story with us.
Prior to submitting an application, review our blogging manual here. Once reviewed, please fill out the blogging agreement included in the manual and submit with the brief application below.
All of our bloggers are volunteers and contribute blogs pro bono.
September Writing Prompts
- What does “recovery” mean to you?
- Describe your recovery journey.
Alcohol & Drug Addiction
- How has treatment for drug and/or alcohol addiction helped treat your bipolar disorder as well?
- Write a letter to yourself to read if you are feeling low or suicidal.
- Do you experience suicidal ideation? How does this manifest and what are ways you can prevent yourself from acting on these thoughts?
- Have you survived a suicide attempt? What gives you strength to keep moving forward each day?
- What are ways others can help prevent you from feeling suicidal and/or how can they help you if you are feeling suicidal?
October Writing Prompts
Depression and Mental Health Screening
- When should you get screened for a mood disorder?
- Why is it important to get screened for depression if you find yourself concerned that you may have a mental illness?
- How can educating yourself, your loved ones, and others in your community on bipolar disorder better your ability to advocate for yourself and others?
- How has being health literate regarding your bipolar disorder had a positive impact on managing your illness?
- Do you have comorbid ADHD and bipolar disorder?
- Were you misdiagnosed with ADHD instead of bipolar disorder?
- Why is it important to take a stand against bullying and how do you do this in your own life?
Mental Illness Awareness
- What prompted you to seek a diagnosis and treatment for your bipolar disorder?
- Dispel some myths regarding bipolar disorder. Provide facts to support your myth-busting.
- Why are free educational resources, such as those provided by IBPF, so important?
- How do you educate others on bipolar disorder?