The mission of Balance NZ is to promote the wellbeing of those affected by mental illness.We do this by building and maintaining networks, providing information, education, support, training, advocacy, and research, and having active collaboration with other organisations and initiatives nationally and internationally.
Services we provide include:
- education for people affected by bipolar disorder and depression helping people develop personalised self-care plans
- Training peers (tangata whaiora) in mutual support skills with an emphasis on wellbeing
- Advocating at a national level for more effective services and support for people who are affected by mood disorders and other forms of mental illness.
- Research on bipolar disorder and depression and dissemination of findings.
- Research on self care and peer support and dissemination of findings.
- Research that supports the activities of Balance NZ
- Provision of services that support online communities