How we can help…
- Depression UK promotes mutual support between individuals affected by or at risk from depression, with the aim of encouraging self help, recovery and personal growth.
- We try to help our members by enabling them to share their thoughts and problems with fellow sufferers, because they know better than any non-depressed professional or carer does what it really feels like to suffer from depression.
Our aims are to…
- Offer fellowship (friendliness), to anyone troubled by depression, to help him or her overcome their illness.
- Offer mutual support and encourage self help.
- Overcome the isolation felt by many people with depression, and help break down the stigma attached to this illness.
- Maintain the confidentiality of members at all times.
- Attempt to meet the needs of sufferers not covered by health professionals.
- Neither give medical advice nor endorse any medical treatment or product – because we are not qualified to do so.