Partnering with other community agencies, VCSB serves those dealing with mental health, intellectual disability, and substance abuse issues. This community based service extends to the citizens of Staunton, Waynesboro, and Augusta and Highland Counties.
- Counseling includes individual, group, and family psychotherapy. Services aid clients to become healthier and more functional.
- Life Skills (or Psychosocial Rehabilitation) develops and nurtures skills and activities for daily living for individuals in need of long term assistance. Goals include reducing hospitalizations.
- In Home Services allows adults access to services within their home, assisting with issues that affect daily life and functioning.
- Housing allows adults to live in community housing and function as independently as possible. Staff work to increase functioning levels and promote community integration. Programs are also available for the dislocated or homeless.
- Case Management is a comprehensive program. Services can include assessment, counseling, and referral to services that can assist in everyday functioning and recovery, such as assistance with housing and medical care.
- Intensive Services provides interventions to adults with a history of hospitalizations due to various diagnoses (including Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder and Bi-Polar Disorder) and who have severe difficulty tending to basic needs. Also known as PACT (Program for Assertive Community Treatment).
Hours of Operation – Outpatient Services:
Monday-Tuesday 8:30am – 8:00pm
Wednesday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Thursday 8:30am – 8:00pm
Friday 8:30am – 5:00 pm