Parents can easily feel overwhelmed when suddenly faced with a moody, defiant, unfocused, unpredictable, angry or overly sensitive teenager. They wonder if these changes are a normal part of adolescence of if their teen is in need of help.
When to Worry helps parents distinguish typical teenage behaviors from those that merit concern. It then walks parents through steps they can take to help troubled teens before it’s too late. Parents will learn:
- Warning signs of potential problems
- Which strategy works best for each issue
- How to effectively communicate with adolescents
- How and where to get professional help for teens
- The pros and cons of medication for teens