Advice For Newly Diagnosed:
- Try to become self-aware. Remember. Understand.
- Get help from the right people and the right sources!
- Therapy, therapy and therapy.
- Accept yourself (but don’t be grandiose about the red flags in your own personality if any)
- Find your signature superpowers (Make sure you’re not manic when you do this!!!)
- Make them your anchors.
- Chant them like a mantra!
Something I am Proud Of:
“Focus Vibhu Focus!” I kept telling myself, but it was a fight. A smothering struggle! The digressions so frustrating, crippling. Defeating. Flow happened when I found my anchors. Anchored to the task at hand, by a tether which for me, is ‘my sense of self’! Kind of like a helium balloon which a weight tied at the end of it’s string. My anchors are like a ginormous bed of pink and white feathers. And rose petals. And cotton. Pashmina. Cashmere. Better than the best fluff you can imagine.
My anchors are two simple truths I know about myself:
- I am a good person, by default.
- I am funny.